× Members

PIP PA3 Form Help Please

More
4 years 8 months ago #236394 by rjstone
PIP PA3 Form Help Please was created by rjstone
Going through the transfer from DLA to PIP. Was high care, low mobility DLA
Diagnosed Agoraphobia, Panic Disorder and Bipolar
I have just received the PA3 Assessment and after adding up the points my income will now be significantly reduced to low rates on both care and mobility. This will result in me loosing my home.
I scored 10 points for Mobility 11e Cannot undertake any journey because of OPD.
I only scored 11 points for Care on PA3
Please could you help as i dont understand Activity 9 (Engaging with others face to face) and am not sure what my correct award should be.
PA3 form says b. Needs prompting to engage with other people.
I am not sure if it could be c or d.
My consultant has given care plans stating that just to attend appointments with him i need to take additional quetiapine and diazepam. I have to take 500mg Quetiapine a day and 15mg diazepam so heavily sedated just to meet someone i am familiar with.
What is Social Support?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #236421 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP PA3 Form Help Please
Hi (0-0)

“Social support” means support from a person trained or experienced in assisting people to engage in social situations.

So you can only score for c if you show that you would need a trained person with you to engage with other people in a social situation.

Because you have been awarded 10 points for Mobility - because of OPD, you may be able to argue in your appeal that you also suffer OPD when engaging with other people. You would have to describe what happens when you try and use any evidence you have from any professionals.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjstone

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.