× Members

ESA assessment report

More
4 years 8 months ago #236405 by Nicolette
ESA assessment report was created by Nicolette
HI
I don't know if it is the same in all parts of the country , but I requested my ESA medical assessment report ESA85 from the DWP.

I had the medical just over 3 weeks ago, and they sent me the report even though they have not made a decision on my claim yet, it took a 45 minute wait on the phone for them to answer though.
So it might be worth asking for it as most people assume that you can not have the report until a decision has been made.

My question is that the assessor has said that I was found to meet the criteria for Limited Capability for Work and Work Related Activity.
Does this mean that I will stay in the support group? I know there has to be a decision made yet but does it look likely?
She also said that there is unlikely to be any improvement in the long term.
The assessor was a nice lady and has put everything in the report that I could have asked for there are some decent assessors out there that tell it how it is.

Thanks Nicolette

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #236408 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic ESA assessment report
Hi Nicolette

The decision-maker usually follows the assessor's recommendations, but not always. Until the decision letter arrives you cannot be certain.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 8 months ago #236410 by Nicolette
Replied by Nicolette on topic ESA assessment report
Thanks for your reply BIS

I realise that I need to wait for the decision but what I was asking is , what does the client was found to meet the criteria for Limited Capability for Work and Work Related activity actually mean?

More
4 years 8 months ago #236414 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic ESA assessment report
Hi Nicolette

It means that you cannot work or do a work-related activity and you should stay in the support group.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 8 months ago #236420 by Nicolette
Replied by Nicolette on topic ESA assessment report
Thanks BIS
you have been a great help.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.