× Members

PIP review

More
4 years 8 months ago #236411 by Linda I
PIP review was created by Linda I
Just about getting my life back on track following my ESA assessment early this year and yet another brown envelope drops through the letter box today.
This time it’s for a PIP review.
How many of the members had to visit a face to face interview for this review and is it as in-depth as the initial assessment was. It was 2 1/2 years since my last assessment
I’m 64 years of age
Many thanks Linda

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #236413 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP review
Hi Linda

Certainly, as your award length was a short one, there is a high chance you will have a face to face assessment. The only time people seem to report a different experience is if they had a more sympathetic assessor the second time around, but the process is the same because they want to know if your problems are ongoing, worse or have improved. I don't know how close you are to state pension age but you could always ring them and see whether you're eligible for a light touch review. I don't expect you will be, but it's probably worth a phone call just to ask.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 8 months ago #236415 by Linda I
Replied by Linda I on topic PIP review
Thanks for your reply.
I haven’t heard of a light touch review - is it something new in the system.
I only turned 64 at the beginning of June so I still have a fair way to go yet

More
4 years 8 months ago #236417 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP review
Hi Linda 1

You can read all about it here.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/3970-exis...ch-review-from-today

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Linda I

More
4 years 8 months ago #236419 by Linda I
Replied by Linda I on topic PIP review
Reading the article, it certainly looks that unfortunately I’m not at pensionable age and this review is a precursor to reaching that age group.
Is it normal practice through experience of the members that if I’m successful once again at the review stage then hopefully this may be my last review for a further 10 years.
Does anyone have experience of this happening
Thanks

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.