× Members

Ongoing Award

More
4 years 7 months ago #236409 by magdelena
Ongoing Award was created by magdelena
Not wishing to hijack the thread so please move if I inadvertently do this but I was wondering what the DWP definitions of “ongoing” and “indefinitely” are?

And are they used in the same context for DLA, PIP and ESA?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #236416 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Ongoing Award
Hi Magdelena'

The term indefinite award was used for DLA. Many people had it and at the time there was an expectation this was a lifetime award.

The term ongoing award is used for PIP - Although most people believe that it is only people with enhanced awards are given ongoing awards - this is not the case. Ongoing awards are to receive a light touch review in ten years.

Indefinite and Ongoing are both used for ESA. ESA can be awarded indefinitely except where it is awarded for a single year and as you have already said in another thread they use the word ongoing to say that it will continue to be paid.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by BIS.

More
4 years 7 months ago #236559 by sitterum
Replied by sitterum on topic Ongoing Award
I’m just curious what is a light touch review and what does it entail?

Thank you

More
4 years 7 months ago #236562 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Ongoing Award
Hi Steve G

You can read about it hear

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/3970-exis...ch-review-from-today

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: sitterum

More
4 years 7 months ago #236607 by phrank
Replied by phrank on topic Ongoing Award
Hi there,

A short while ago I phoned the PIP helpline for something and eventually the light touch review thing came up in the conversation.

The call handler said that as my doctor had written a letter saying my problems were lifelong and because of my age, (i will be 65 when my current award is up for review just 6 months before I reach State Pension age) he thought the next review would be a light touch one. He said he thought it would just be a letter.

Now I'm not reading anything into this. I don't know if was just an opinion or it was something that he'd been told?

I won't draw any conclusions on this and so, like everyone else, will wait to see what happens, when the government finally get down to business, if ever they do.

Phrank.

More
4 years 7 months ago #236622 by sitterum
Replied by sitterum on topic Ongoing Award
Hi BIS,

Unfortunately the link no longer works (error 404) code

Steve

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.