× Members

Recording PIP face to face home assessment

More
4 years 6 months ago #236704 by Rosie Rottie
Recording PIP face to face home assessment was created by Rosie Rottie
If you recorded your PIP face to face, what did you use , where did you buy it from and price ?
I am struggling to find something that will work to provide 2 TAPES on Amazon, ebay or Argos.
My assessment is 19th September, at home.
Help ! I am rubbish with technical things Thank you x

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #236706 by BIS
Hi Felicity

We are unable to recommend any particular brand of recording equipment.

We do know of members who have purchased two single Bush recorders from Argos and attached a single speaker to each of them. As well as using a cassette to test your equipment, you need two sealed cassettes which you only open in front of the assessor so they know they have not been tampered with. We were told the cost of the machines was about £50.00

The DWP won't accept a digital recording such as on a mobile phone.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by BIS.

More
4 years 6 months ago #236709 by phrank
Replied by phrank on topic Recording PIP face to face home assessment

Felicity Walker wrote: If you recorded your PIP face to face, what did you use , where did you buy it from and price ?
I am struggling to find something that will work to provide 2 TAPES on Amazon, ebay or Argos.
My assessment is 19th September, at home.
Help ! I am rubbish with technical things Thank you x

Hi Felicity,

I bought two integrated Bush tape recorders/players from Argos and a pack of cassette tapes from ebay. The machines were, I think £25 each.

Not the best quality but nevertheless they do work and are a kind of deterrent not to bend the truth on the report.

A few words of warning, though: in my case it wasn't deterrent enough and the truth was bent all the way through the report.

However, I won my MR and am confident the recordings helped me although I have serious doubts they were ever listened to.

So, the recording of my assessment didn't stop the bending of the truth in the first place, but added weight to my arguments.

By quoting things and stating 'as can be clearly heard on the recording' etc added extra value to my argument, in my opinion.

Good luck,

Phrank.

More
4 years 6 months ago #236856 by Rosie Rottie
Replied by Rosie Rottie on topic Recording PIP face to face home assessment
Thank you so much for your assistance Phrank and Bis. I am so very grateful to you both xxxx

More
4 years 6 months ago #236858 by Bozo
Does the same apply for a home ESA assessment?

More
4 years 6 months ago #236864 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Recording PIP face to face home assessment
A

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

You have the option of recording the assessment yourself in which case the same requirements apply but for ESA, Maximus can provide the recording equipment themselves.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bozo

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.