× Members

Soft touch for pensioners on pip

More
4 years 7 months ago #236813 by jacksmum1
Soft touch for pensioners on pip was created by jacksmum1
I am in receipt of PIP. I notified DWP of a worsening of my conditions in the form of COPD and was not due to be reassessed till 2020. Despite my objection I have been forced to apply for PIP again...filled in the form sent it off. I reached retirement age (65) in February so should qualify for the "light touch review for pensioners as passed by Government in March this year. So I notify CAPITA who don't know anything about it? They told me to ring the DWP which I did and explained the light touch review.....would you believe they knew nothing also?? After a lengthy discussion with DWP who left me hanging on the phone while he discussed my case with management. 10 minutes later he told me that "if CAPITA do call me in for a face to face assessment (which they now have!) then I'm to call them back and they'll see what they can do about it? What the hell is going on??? Shall I contact them again, my appointment is next week and will be carried out in my home apparently.......I do not want any face to face whatsoever and feel I am entitled to a 10 year soft touch review now, my illnesses are ongoing and will not change. I only attended a last face to face in February this year when I came off ESA for my state pension yet again by CAPITA and sent them a copy of the full report which was in my favour fully! Please advise, I am being harassed here!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #236815 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Soft touch for pensioners on pip
jacksmum

You reported a Change of Circumstances which is why your existing award is being looked at, if a new award is made then it should be for an On-Going period and when you are reassessed then it should be a Light Touch review, although I cannot tell you what this means as the DWP have not decided yet.

The Light Touch review, etc., is not applicable to your current situation even though you have now reached pension age and any decision on a face to face assessment will be made on the information that you have provided in and with your latest claim form.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: jacksmum1

More
4 years 7 months ago #236819 by maurice537
Replied by maurice537 on topic Soft touch for pensioners on pip
I had result for pip in July no ftf and no review before 2029 I am 67 so the light touch to pensioners is been implemented best of luck

More
4 years 7 months ago #236844 by Blum
Replied by Blum on topic Soft touch for pensioners on pip
I was under the impression that existing PIP claimants that are now over state pension age would be receiving a letter informing them that they would now be on a 10 year light touch review (LTR).
I just called the DWP and have been told that they are not sending out letter to the 280,000 pensioner that are affected, but will move them on to LTR when their next review is due, in my case 2021.

This was the reply from the DWP to a FOI request in July
"From 9 July 2019, existing Personal Independence Payment (PIP) claimants above State
Pension age (SPa) will be moved onto on-going awards with a light touch review at 10 years.
There is a new award review letter in development for those claimants. Eligible claimants will receive this letter which will explain that their PIP award is now an ongoing award with a 10-year light touch review. "

Can anybody clarify?

More
4 years 7 months ago #236859 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Soft touch for pensioners on pip
Blum

The DWP has not issued any guidance that is in the Public Domain as to how they are managing this change, however, it seems logical to me that they will deal with each qualifying claim as it approaches renewal otherwise they would have to set up yet another review task for force and pull even more Decision Makers from the front line.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 7 months ago #236869 by jacksmum1
Replied by jacksmum1 on topic Soft touch for pensioners on pip
Update! Capita rang me today.....Home assessment next Wednesday is cancelled but informed of home assessment the following week. I told the caller that I was 65 and she told me to phone DWP immediately, which I did. I explained that I was a 65 year old pensioner with a PIP award till June 2020 and wanted to know why I was being excluded from the "light touch" review passed through Parliament and having to be reassessed?? After leaving me hanging on the line I actually got to speak to my case manager whom admitted that there had been a mishap and I had somehow escaped the system??? She requested to call me back within two days while she looked at my case again. Well lo and behold 10 mins later she called to tell me that I am now not to be reviewed until 2029!!!!!! Yes they accepted it was all their fault and were very apologetic and not to worry any more, they would contact Capita to cancel assessment too.....I just cannot believe it! I am so relieved and finally been listened too....Yahoo!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: unBat412Fd, Blum, Cocacola

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.