× Members

PIP and State Pension

More
4 years 7 months ago #236857 by sheleo
PIP and State Pension was created by sheleo
Please could you clarify the State pension and PIP situation for me? I can't find the thread which answered this question and am not sure if the News summary info applies to me. I receive my State pension in June 2021 and my current PIP award (standard mobility/enhanced care granted for 5 years) ends in September 2022. I understand that this award will continue at State pension age but what happens when the award expires? Can I renew? if my mobility worsens can the original award increase? I have read conflicting info on various different sites related to my condition and am now completely confused!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #236863 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP and State Pension
sheleo

Recent changes should mean that as you approach the renewal of your current award the DWP should notify you that it has been converted to an On-Going award with reassessment no earlier than September 2027 and that this will be done using a Light Touch review, although I can't tell you what this means at the moment.

Once you reach State Retirement Age your Mobility award cannot be increased even if you meet the criteria, so if this is a potential issue then you should consider notifying the DWP of a Change of Circumstances before you reach SRA.

However, you need to be aware that this will result in a full reassessment of your claim and the new Decision will supersede your existing award, whatever the result might be so you should be certain that you meet the criteria for a higher Mobility award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: sheleo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.