× Members

Assessment dates

More
4 years 7 months ago #236884 by flo1
Assessment dates was created by flo1
Hello.
Could you please tell me how assessment dates are worked out? I know they can be anything from 3 months between and upwards but is there a definite set date between? For example, if it’s 12 months is it exactly 12 months? Or could it be a month earlier making it 11 months? Hope you understand.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #236886 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Assessment dates
Hi Flo1

I'm sorry, but it's not clear what you're talking about or even which benefit.

Are you talking about reassessment dates?

ESA is reviewed every three years, but because the DWP is behind (though that's not official) some people have found themselves reassessed after four to seven years. The letters tend to come out of the blue.

PIP is reviewed before the end of the award date. Letters were sent out a year before the end date in the past - but this now seems to be approximately six months before - again no official word from the DWP.

There are no definite dates for reassessments.

If this doesn't answer your question - do come back and ask again.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 7 months ago #236887 by flo1
Replied by flo1 on topic Assessment dates
Apologies BIS, it’s regarding esa reassessments. I was reassessed for esa in 2017 (form had to be returned by last week in October then). It took them until the following April to give me a result - a wait of 6 terrifying months. Just had another reassessment form through (last week in August), and this has to be returned last week in September. So it doesn’t fit into 18 month category and was just wondering if this was ‘normal’. I thought there was a definite time limit exactly. Sorry if I’m not explaining it very well.

More
4 years 7 months ago #236888 by flo1
You said ‘ESA is reviewed every 3 years’. This isn’t true.

More
4 years 7 months ago #236900 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Assessment dates
flo

The prognosis given by your assessor in the assessment report is used to set the reassessment date.

Historically the DWP have processed a reassessment on time but over the last few years, some reassessments have been deferred by anything up to two years.

The only way to know for certain is to contact the DWP and ask what is recorded on their computer system.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 7 months ago #236925 by flo1
Hi Gordon,
Thank you for replying too. I made a simple question difficult - it’s just that I’ve received a reassessment form for esa 17 months after last one. Not 18 months after. I thought it was strictly either 3 months, 6 months or 18 months. Sorry for going on, I obsess about stuff.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.