× Members

ESA Contribution based

More
4 years 7 months ago #236890 by Dannij
ESA Contribution based was created by Dannij
Hi

I need a little bit of help please my SSP stops on 6/9/19 and I am wanting to claim ESA contribution based. Would I need to claim this as the new style ESA i.e under universal credit or can I claim as the old ESA?

Many Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #236902 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Contribution based
Dannij

It would be New Style ESA, which is not part of UC it is a separate benefit.

You will need to have at least 50 weeks of NI Contributions in the two Tax Years 2016-17 and 2017-18.

The following should help you make a claim

www.gov.uk/how-to-claim-new-style-esa

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 7 months ago #236908 by Dannij
Replied by Dannij on topic ESA Contribution based
Thank you so much Gordon. I do I have worked for 6 years since I last claimed ESA but unfortunately I need to claim again it has come at a time when I’m just transferring over from PIP so can hopefully transfer some of that information but will use your fabulous guides to help me. Thanks again for all the hard work everyone puts in in running this site it’s a god send.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.