× Members

Where to get help with a PIP tribunal

More
4 years 7 months ago #236898 by alisp
Having finally managed to get back on this forum after months of no access, I realise I never got around to asking what sources of help there might be for a PIP tribunal. We now have a date for this, and it's only a few weeks away. The CAB tell me they no longer have funding for this sort of thing, I did try whatever website it was which was supposed to show you what advocacy services there were in your area, only to find a seeming black hole covering SE London ...

Are there other bodies I ought to be trying, please? I think someone mentioned something about local council welfare officers, but can't remember anything else.

Carer for a long-term ME/CFS sufferer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #236907 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Where to get help with a PIP tribunal
alisp

You can try doing an internet search for "welfare advice" with your postcode or borough.

Our PIP appeal documents are in the PIP area.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

If you only have a few weeks to your hearing then you will need to be quick as all evidence and testimony must be with the Tribunal Service no later than one week before the hearing.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 7 months ago #236958 by alisp
Replied by alisp on topic Where to get help with a PIP tribunal
Thanks, Gordon. I'd spotted the bit about "welfare advice" in someone else's post, so have done that, but seemingly no joy - even trying 3 or 4 different postcodes. Everything else seems to refer me to the CAB, which is no use - apart from one thing, AgeUK, which might be of use. Goodness knows what you do if the person in question isn't over 50, though. Appalling, isn't it - a real postcode lottery.

More
4 years 7 months ago #236959 by alisp
Thought I'd add these here in case they're any good to someone else:

SCOPE helpline: www.scope.org.uk/helpline/

Also a useful CAB page for earlier in the process: www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-...-claim/fill-in-form/

More
4 years 7 months ago #236960 by alisp
I'd forgotten the Turn2Us find an adviser tool, too:

advicefinder.turn2us.org.uk/

(Mods, I hope you can merge all these posts!)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.