× Members

Universal credit 'managed migration'

More
4 years 6 months ago #236941 by Maggie
Universal credit 'managed migration' was created by Maggie
Dear Gordon,
Sorry I'm really confused.Can you clear things up for me please?
I receive both contribution & income related ESA. I am in the support group & live alone (well barely survive alone), so I receive Severe Disability Premium & Enhanced Disability Premium.

I thought I would be forced onto U.C under managed migration (but if I moved within the same local authority before migration I would stay on ESA).

BUT have I got it wrong? Aren't the DWP going to migrate people on premiums after all? Is there hope for me after all?
I will not be able to comply with the demands of U.C without an advocate to help-and there aren't any left! A few weeks help from citizens advice won't be enough & most of the volunteers have no idea how to support severe mental illness. I won't have enough money to afford computer & broadband let alone make up the housing benefit deficit.
Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #236944 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Universal credit 'managed migration'
Terrified

At the moment, because you are receiving the Severe Disability Premium you are barred from claiming UC, whether you move within your existing Local Authority or another one.

At some time in the future, the DWP will begin moving claimants receiving Income Related ESA to UC when this happens your existing award will be moved across to UC as well unless the move coincides with your ESA(IR) being due for reassessment.

When the process will start is still unclear, the original intention was the end of this year but an election may change this. How and when specific claimants will be moved is not clear yet.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 6 months ago #236946 by Maggie
Replied by Maggie on topic Universal credit 'managed migration'
Thank you.
I have been in a slough of despair & then some, since I read the DWP had started migrating Harrogate. My area is usually next.
As you say an election may change things. For the love of God & just common decency & humanity I hope so.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.