× Members

ESA Appeal

More
4 years 5 months ago #238248 by CAP
Replied by CAP on topic ESA Appeal
Gordon,
I managed to submit the SSCS1 form on time and just kept my reason for submitting it very brief just stating that i don't think that they have taken my cognitive difficulties into account with the intention of going into greater detail a bit further down the line and made sure that it was sent next day delivery so I could check that it arrived the following day,which it did.
I got a text message from the DWP on 26/09 saying that they had been contacted by the Tribunal Service about my appeal and they had 28 days to send their response and that they will send all of the documents to me at the same time that they send them to the tribual service. I assumed that it would just be the waiting game for all of the paperwork to arrive before I would then try and get my head around it all.
Today a brown envelope dropped on the doormat and it was an Appeal Reconsideration Notice which i've not come acoss before, but anyway it has now been decided that I do have limited capability for work related activity and have been put into the support group which obviously i'm really pleased about. They've decided that I have scored 15 points points for not being able to mobilise more than 50 metres on level ground and that a wheelchair would not be suitable for me and have made reference to my PIP enhanced award from May this year which hasn't been referred to previously and also made reference to a medical report that I submitted from a Professor in pain medicine which I thought would have been enough to have got me into the support group straight away anyway. Quite obviously this time somebody has actually taken the time to read the documentation that I provided with my MR. So all in all i'm happy with the result and don't have to bury my head in loads of paperwork again for a while now. The only thing that they have put on it which I don't agree with is that I was late lodging my appeal , which I know 100% that I wasn't , although they still say that it was accepted as it was dated within the agreed timescale. I'm certainly not going to make an issue out of that when i've got the result that I wanted.
So I just wanted to say thankyou for for the help and advice that you have given me to enable me to get the right result in the end.

CAP

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #238249 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Appeal
CAP

Really pleased to hear you did not have to wait for a hearing, congratulations on the revised award.

Gordon

Tags: @RESULT @ESA @APPEAL

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: CAP

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.