× Members

DLA to PIP and SDP

More
4 years 6 months ago #236996 by Cocacola
DLA to PIP and SDP was created by Cocacola
DLA to PIP and SDP.

Hubby has just been transferred to PIP at standard rate. He was previously on middle rate care and high rate mobilty on DLA.

He is 68 and receiving pension credit. I am under state pension age and have been refused PIP when transferred from middle rate care and high rate mobility. I am awaiting my appeal date to come through.

We were both receiving severe disabilty premium, when both on DLA middle care and high mobility.

I believe that SDP is no longer payable over state pension age. Is this still true when hubby has been transferred to PIP from DLA?

We stand to lose a considerable amount of money after me being awarded no PIP. Plus another £65.85 a week if we lose hubbys SDP, as I believe he needs to be living alone, or living with me and I have to be getting standard rate care of PIP. I've been awaiting my PIP appeal for a few months now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #237000 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to PIP and SDP
Cocacola

The SDP is payable as part of Pension Credit but you no longer meet the criteria for entitlement.

One of the requirements is that the claimant lives alone or is considered to be living alone, your DLA award meant that your husband met the latter but the failure to award PIP Daily Living means that he is no longer living alone and therefore the SDP is not payable.

You can claim Carers Allowance, the actual CA would be deducted from his PC but a Carers Addition would be added of £36.85/week. If your PIP Decision is revised and a DL award is made then you would receive back payment of 1 x SDP for the missed period, the CA would prevent the second SDP payment but if you then cancelled the CA claim then you would go back to 2 x SDP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cocacola

More
4 years 6 months ago #237003 by Cocacola
Replied by Cocacola on topic DLA to PIP and SDP
Thanks Gordon, I thought that would be the case :(:(

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.