× Members

RequestinMedical access from lawyer for pip claim

• jed_marie@hotmail.com
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 7 months ago #237004 by jed_marie@hotmail.com
RequestinMedical access from lawyer for pip claim was created by jed_marie@hotmail.com
Why would dwp lawyer be requesting access to my medical records for my claim for pip

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #237006 by Gordon
happybee

Did you report the Change that you talked about a couple of months ago

Are you sure that you mean a DWP lawyer? An assessor working for ATOS or Capita might contact your GP for information about your conditions.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: jed_marie@hotmail.com

• jed_marie@hotmail.com
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 7 months ago #237010 by jed_marie@hotmail.com
Replied by jed_marie@hotmail.com on topic RequestinMedical access from lawyer for pip claim
I phoned dla to say I needed more help now and was then asked to apply for pip which I did and sent form back to them with doctors letter/evidence etc
Mybe it’s assessor who’s asked for access to my medical records to verify my conditions.you think this is a good sign? Is it common for assessor to do requests like this?
Probably Means they’re dealing with my claim , wondering how long I’ll have to wait to hear outcome if claim is successful
Thanks

More
4 years 7 months ago #237012 by BIS
Hi HappyBee

As Gordon says it will be Capita or an Assessor who have written to your GP for further information. Yes, they do sometimes request further information - so they are clearly looking at your claim. Unfortunately not able to tell you how long you will have to wait. Hope it's not too long.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: jed_marie@hotmail.com

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.