× Members

ESA review - update

More
4 years 5 months ago #239451 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA review
Sweetheart

I'm sorry to have to correct BIS but ESA Decisions do not contain an award length or end date, so you cannot request an MR in regard to when you have been told your claim will be reassessed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: newcastle1949

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #239948 by newcastle1949
Replied by newcastle1949 on topic ESA review - update
Hi Everyone

Following on, my friend rang the DWP requesting the ESA85a and LT54, the call handler said she was not able to send them, but would pass on the request and get someone to ring my friend back within 3 days (i had gone through security) yesterday a lady called and said yes she would send them, my friend took the opportunity to ask a couple of questions re the length of the time i had been placed in the support group again and asking the reasoning for this duration (which had previously been 3 years) , she said the lady was very helpful looked at all of the evidence they fully discussed all of my mental and physical problems and the lady said i had been put in the SG on "srutiny"? and it was for mental health reasons regulation 35, and that the HCP had said work could be considered within the 18 month's, (i wish), my friend fully discussed the physical problems the effects they have on my life etc and detailing all of the medical evidence with had been provided, in addition to Anxiety and Depression i have severe IBS, Fibromyalgia etc and she asked if she could call her back, she did within the hour and she said despite all of the consultants and GP letters detailing the severity of my incontinence problems the HCP had detailed in the ESA85A "Despite current medical evidence and letters from consultants and ongoing input from gastroentorology there is insufficient evidence to advise function for continence as no indication of incontinence pads used either in GP letter or available evidence" she explained that i had used them but because of severity there was no benefit, i really don't understand their reasoning, she then went on to say that because i have been put in the SG on mental health grounds, if i did not complete the next WCA form that is due in 18 months my benefit would NOT stop?? i am a bit confused by it all. i have received the ESA85A and LT54 today and again on the ESA85A it says Harmful information - NOT to be copied to the client?? the same as the last one 3 years ago!

I am going to try and just forget about it for 18 months. PIP not due till 2022.

A huge thank you Gordon and everyone for your help/advice and support, amazing site, and i will continue to be a member.

Good luck everyone.
Best Wishes

SWEETHEART
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.