× Members

ESA review - update

More
4 years 6 months ago #239052 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA review
Sweetheart

It is possible for the DWP to decide that no further assessment is required, if this happens then it will be noted on the Decision Letter.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: newcastle1949

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #239349 by newcastle1949
Replied by newcastle1949 on topic ESA review
Hi Everyone

So when you have a complete meltdown with anxiety, stress etc, that was me last night, my friend (carer) came this morning and then rang the DWP to see if any decision had been made, she explained again the whole story and the man was really pleasant to her and looked at the file and said oh can you hold on the line, now i am not sure if something had been flagged up after sending ESA85A etc, but he said he was looking at the report but needed to speak to a decision maker, he came back on the line after 20 minutes and said he had discussed the report and because of the effects that were clearly documented on me, a decision maker had decided there and then that i would be kept in the suuport group for 18 months, and it would take 4 weeks to receive the letter and hoped this would help my mental and physical condtion, is this "normal"??, not as long as i hoped for but at least i can rest a while, i hope, maybe they will look again and award for a longer period but then again maybe not?

Thank you so much for all of your help advice and support, i will ask for a copy of the ESA85A but maybe they wont make the same mistake again sending it despite it saying dont sent to client!

Thanks so much will post when i receive my letter

Best Wishes

SWEETHEART

More
4 years 6 months ago #239358 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic ESA review
Hi Sweetheart

That is good news that you know a decision has been made and you are still in the support group. I'm not sure when you ask is this 'normal' what you are referring to. It is common for them to give information over the phone. It isn't common, but it does happen in circumstances such as yours. If they said it was going to be 18 months that is probably the length that has been allocated as this came from the decision-maker. However, you will only know for certain when the decision letter arrives.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 6 months ago #239372 by newcastle1949
Hi BIS

What i meant about is this "normal", was that once my friend had gone through the history yesterday, the guy said he was looking at the report provided by the hcp after my PBR, and that was when he asked her to hold and said he wanted to speak to a decision maker, then returned and said a decsion had been made there and then, as if something he had read on the report was highlighted to the DWP,?? hence them making a decision there and then, yes happy to still be in the support group even if only for 18 months, as you say will wait for the decision letter, so from sending the ESA50 back on the 10 October 2019 to pestering for any news, decision given on 24.10.2019 quick tuurnaround.

Again thanks, will let you know when i receive the letter
Best Wishes

SWEETHEART

More
4 years 5 months ago #239445 by newcastle1949
Hi

after mulling everything over, happy to be kept in the support group, but as i said bit dissapointed it is only for 18 months, i have been in the SG for many years, latest evidence suggested health deteriorating ESA85a from last assesment PBR which i enclosed did state work unlikely in the long term, should i challenge the length of the award, or just leave well alone and be thankful no F2F and still in the SG?

Thanks

SWEETHEART

More
4 years 5 months ago #239447 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic ESA review
Hi Sweetheart

If you want to challenge the length of the decision you can do so through the MR process, but then you run the risk of them looking at the whole award. Not many members have reported success in having the length of awards increased. The decision is yours.

BIS

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.