× Members

Received the dwp award letter -mandatory recon.

More
4 years 7 months ago #237565 by AR2019
Hi,

Got my award letter after transferring from Dla to pip.

So I was awarded standard rate for daily living needs and no mobility!

First off I am grateful to this site that enabled me to complete the forms etc. I am shocked I have not been awarded mobility, the report also says I refused an assessment/examination - what actually happened was the assessor said she will not do that given my condition!

The report says because I walked albeit slowly to the assessment room I can walk 50 but no more than 200m. But it misses the fact that I can’t do this repeatedly, or safely.

Should I request a mandatory reconsideration? Would I risk losing the standard award of pip?

Fact is I struggle to walk and the report identifies that I use a crutch I can’t believe that was only 4 points, plus the assessor report isn’t truthful.

Also the pip award for mobility says it stopped since may 2019 but I only received the letter today and my assessment was in July - so it’s backdated? This seems so unfair so this pretty much means I have to hand the car back as it’s near enough 26 weeks since may.

Again, thanks for the great work this site does for so many of us, I appreciate your advice

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #237574 by BIS
Hi AR2019

Only you can decide whether you want to put in for a mandatory reconsideration. There is always a risk involved in challenging the decision, but if you believe that you have a case then you may well want to put in for it. What you need to decide is do you have a realistic chance of being awarded more points.

Was May the date they said your DLA would end if you did not apply for PIP? You could always question this.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: WATP, AR2019

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.