× Members

DLA to PIP SUCCESS

More
4 years 7 months ago #237605 by Steev
DLA to PIP SUCCESS was created by Steev
I had a face to face assessment at home a couple of months ago (I didn't ask for it to be at home but was pleased not to have to travel).
I felt it didn't go well as I became agitated and upset.
I asked for, and received, a copy of the assessors report which appeared fair and accurate. However, I didn't hold out much hope of retaining my 'lifetime' DLA after reading of so many people being turned down. After all I 'only' have osteoarthritis and a cognitive disorder!

The dreaded brown envelope arrived a few weeks later and imagine my surprise when I opened it ..... not only have I retained High Rate Mobility but I have been awarded High Rate Care too :)

The letter states I will be reviewed again in 10 years by which time I'll be in my 70's.

Thanks to all at Benefits and Work who's newsletters were an encouragement to me as well as the user guides.

Steev

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #237616 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic DLA to PIP SUCCESS
Hi Steev

Congratulations on your award. Great news.

BIS

Tags: @RESULT @PIP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Steev

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.