× Members

PIP Medical

More
4 years 7 months ago #237608 by robby
PIP Medical was created by robby
Briefly, I have several chronic, long term illnesses which prevent me attending an IAS medical, because of the severe and overwhelming distress it would cause me – is there anything I can do to stop this medical?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #237618 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP Medical
Hi Robert

The only way for you to stop a medical and have a paper-based review would be with a letter from your GP confirming that it would cause overwhelming psychological distress and would be to the detriment of your health if you were forced to attend any type of medical assessment at a centre. However, be aware they may then insist on a home visit, so if that will be too much for you it needs to be included in any letter.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: robby

More
4 years 7 months ago #237623 by robby
Replied by robby on topic PIP Medical
Thank you very much for your help, i will do this.

More
4 years 6 months ago #239073 by robby
Hi, I need some urgent advice if possible.

I obtained a letter as recommended from my GP advising against a face to face assessment and home visit as it would be detremental to my psychological health and to have a paper based assessment only.

Following sending this in, on the 12th October I received a phone call from PIP confirming that they have received the new information and there will be no face to face assessment necessary and that their report would be sent on to the DWP shortly.

Fast forward to today, I have received a letter now saying that a face to face is necessary. My wife called them and they deny the previous weekend discussion and went on to tell me that they can't do a home assessment as they worry for safety of their assessor, but they can put me in a room with a security guard for their protection.

They also said the paper based could not go ahead as the 2 time slots they made to talk to my GP failed as there was no answer in the 10 mins they allocated each time. This is a very busy GP surgery and the shortest time it has taken me to get through is at least 15 minutes on a good day.

This is probably the worst thing they can do for someone with my conditions and although I am now waiting a call back from one of their managers next week, I was wondering where I now stand? Is attending a face to face inevitable or are they pushing me beyond what they allowed?

More
4 years 6 months ago #239075 by robby
Hi, I need some urgent advice if possible.

I obtained a letter as recommended from my GP advising against a face to face assessment and home visit as it would be detrimental to my psychological health and to have a paper based assessment only.

Following sending this in, on the 12th October I received a phone call from PIP confirming that they have received the new information and there will be no face to face assessment necessary and that their report would be sent on to the DWP shortly.

Fast forward to today, I have received a letter now saying that a face to face is necessary. My wife called them and they deny the previous weekend discussion and went on to tell me that they can't do a home assessment as they worry for safety of their assessor, but they can put me in a room with a security guard for their protection.

They also said the paper based could not go ahead as the 2 time slots they made to talk to my GP failed as there was no answer in the 10 mins they allocated each time. This is a very busy GP surgery and the shortest time it has taken me to get through is at least 15 minutes on a good day.

This is probably the worst thing they can do for someone with my conditions and although I am now waiting a call back from one of their managers next week, I was wondering where I now stand? Is attending a face to face inevitable or are they pushing me beyond what they allowed?

More
4 years 6 months ago #239081 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP Medical
Hi Robert

I'm so sorry. The only thing that I can suggest is that your wife contacts your local MP as a matter of urgency and gets them involved. Ten-minute slots to speak to a GP - unbelievable. I understand that they will always have a responsibility to the safety of their assessor - but putting you in a room with a security guard and the distress that this would cause you, will not allow you to give a fair account of yourself. You are a claimant not a prisoner. Hopefully, your MP will apply pressure for a paper-based review.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.