× Members

PIP Ongoing Period

More
4 years 6 months ago #237909 by Sonia
PIP Ongoing Period was created by Sonia
Hi at last the brown envelope arrived, and with trembling fingers I opened it, and to our delight my husband received enhanced both the mobility and care, (DLA he received middle rate care and higher rate mobility) and this was down to all the excellant literature and the help on this forum which help me fill the form in for my husband who is registered as blind.
Just one query, does ongoing mean no more assessments?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #237911 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP Ongoing Period
Hi Sonia

Congratulations on your husband's award. That's great. Ongoing means he will not be assessed for another ten years, and when he does it should be a 'light touch review'. What light touch means in practice is not yet clear.

BIS

Tags: @RESULT @PIP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by BIS.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sonia

More
4 years 6 months ago #238901 by minty3825
Replied by minty3825 on topic PIP Ongoing Period
Hi Sonia how long did it take for the claim to go through. Husband has been waiting 14 weeks now. Congratulations on getting the result you want.

More
4 years 5 months ago #239446 by Sonia
Replied by Sonia on topic PIP Ongoing Period
Hi minty3825
here is the timeline:
9/8/19 assessment
15/8/19 requested report
18/8/19 report arrived
23/8/19 letter to say PIP had all the information they needed to make a decision
20/9/19 decision letter arrived.
I hope this helps and good luck.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SUE C C

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.