× Members

UC complaint response times & Contacts advice

More
4 years 6 months ago #238062 by messado
I recently sent a formal complaint and compensation request by reg post to Universal Credit. It was received and logged on 5th September. I spoke to the callcentre and was told their acknowledgement time is within 15 days. I have also sent an online complaint a week ago but have had no response.
After speaking to the callcentre again my case hasn't even been assigned to a caseworker so seems it just sitting there,

Has anyone any advice on who I should contact and what to do?

M x

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #238070 by BIS
Hi M

At this stage your options are limited. If they are behind with responding to complaints all you can do is ring the call-centre again and ask to speak to a manager regarding a complaint which is over the deadline.

You can also raise the issue with your local MP about the poor response time.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: messado

More
4 years 6 months ago #238223 by messado
Replied by messado on topic UC complaint response times & Contacts advice
Thx BIS, I emailed my MP earlier on today, That was one of my points of my complaint. For claimants there's strict deadlines we gotta adhere to but vice versa, one rule for them....
There is so many missing payments inc rent payments and sanctions due to failure providing reasonable adju that I am due to be evicted this Friday,
So an acknowledgment they are dealing with case to give the court may have helped.
Anyway thks for your reply x

More
4 years 6 months ago #238224 by BIS
Hi M

Sorry for your housing difficulties. I hope that you have somewhere to go if you are evicted this Friday. Do contact Shelter if you have no alternative.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 6 months ago #238261 by Gary
Hi M

You can put in for a stay hearing at your local county court, if you have no funds then you can apply for fee remittance on an ex160 court form. You will need to complete a financial statement showing income and expenditure.

As BIS has stated below contact Shelter's help line: 0808 800 4444
Their helpline is open every day of the year:

8am - 8pm on weekdays
9am - 5pm on weekends

Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.