× Members

Main Source Of Support Has Passed Away.

More
4 years 6 months ago #238153 by Rob1
Hi All,
I wonder if someone might be able to advise.
My Mum passed away on 6th September we have the Funeral on 4th October. Nobody saw this coming.
My Mum was my main source of support, reminding me to take medication, get a clean change of clothes, and telling me when I needed a wash(when I started to smell) and generally assisting me with living day to day with my OCD,Depression and Anxiety I have three brothers but they are scattered all over the country.
Anyway, my Mum used to do things like cook my meals because in the past I have put pans on the stove gone off th check something (rituals) but then I got into the "cycle" of my rituals and eventually came back to the kitchen to pansand food that had boiled dry(burnt) and on a few occassions a frying pan which had caught light and having to get it out in the back yard (out of the house) this being the case if my my Mum never caught it and dealt with it in time. My rituals used to pre occupy my mind when chopping things and I have cut myself in the past through lack of concentration.
My problems regarding the above and others have been documented by my Physchiatrist and GP in the evidence I have sent to the Health Assessor and I have been told to keep out of the kitchen (this has also been documented) I am now living on Pre packed sandwiches, crisps and pre-packed cold food from the local shop.
I have my Face to Face on the 9th October, would it be advisable to inform the Asessor that I Have lost my main source of support(Mum) recently? Whilst I don't want to seem morbid, I was even thinking of taking a copy of my Mums Death Certificate to the Assessment as proof of of her passing and the loss of my day to day support.
Sorry to be so "longwinded", and thank you for any advice you may be able to give.'
Kinds regards,
Rob.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #238157 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Main Source Of Support Has Passed Away.
Hi Rob

I am sorry for your loss. It must be very difficult. Yes, I think it is a good idea to inform the assessor at the beginning that you have lost your Mum and you can show the death certificate if you want to.

Can the mental health team get you any support through social care? Not suggesting anyone can replace your mum, but there may be some help available.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rob1

More
4 years 6 months ago #238171 by Rob1
Replied by Rob1 on topic Main Source Of Support Has Passed Away.
Hi BIS,
Thank you for your reply. I think I will take a copy of the Death Certificate to the Assessment whether the Asessor will find this "distasteful" who knows, but at least I would have satisfied myself that I have proof that my main source of support, as documented, is no longer around. My GP is in the throws of contacting my local CMHT/Psychiatrist with a view to arranging some form of social care.
Kind Regards,
Rob.

More
4 years 6 months ago #238186 by Seasider1956
Replied by Seasider1956 on topic Main Source Of Support Has Passed Away.
Condolences on the loss of your Mum Rob, hope everything falls into place for you.

More
4 years 6 months ago #238219 by Rob1
Replied by Rob1 on topic Main Source Of Support Has Passed Away.
Thank you Seasider for your kind words.

More
4 years 6 months ago #238220 by SUE C C
Replied by SUE C C on topic Main Source Of Support Has Passed Away.
Sorry to hear of your loss Rob, my condolences. Wish you luck for your f2f on 9 October.

Regards
Sue

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.