× Members

Any Face to face after age 65 years

More
4 years 6 months ago #238165 by chipbutty
Any Face to face after age 65 years was created by chipbutty
Dear team,
I remember reading on a newsletter that a face to face assessment will be dropped after a certain age. I think Amber Rudd claimed fame for this move , erroneously I understand.

Could you please update me on this current policy as I am due next year and hope I won't
receive another brown one.
I have full mobility and middle care PIP. (sorry don't know the terms since my last change was from DLA to PIP. )

Thanking you in anticipation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #238175 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Any Face to face after age 65 years
CHIPBUTTY

Claimants whose assessment dates, not the end date of their award, fall after they reach State Retirement Age should have their award extended to an On-Going one with a Light Touch review.

They should contact you in advance if this is the case, some members have been contacted some time in advance of the reassessment, others when it has become due.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: chipbutty

More
4 years 6 months ago #238239 by chipbutty
Replied by chipbutty on topic Any Face to face after age 65 years
Thank you Gordon,

Are there any statutes on this, or guides.?

regards.

More
4 years 6 months ago #238245 by Gordon
CHIPBUTTY

No, it is an operational change by the DWP so only covered by their internal guidance.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: chipbutty

More
4 years 6 months ago #238255 by sue
Replied by sue on topic Any Face to face after age 65 years
Is the ongoing award given after first having a light touch review

More
4 years 6 months ago #238264 by Gordon
Sue

No, it is after a "normal" assessment, this does not need to involve a face to face.

No one has had a Light Touch Review, the first claims will not be looked at until 2023.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.