× Members

PIP and what the law say you score points for

More
4 years 6 months ago #238221 by robby
I wonder if anyone could please advise me with a question I have on PIP? I notice that with each question on the PIP form, 2 points are allocated in each question if an aid or appliance is used in connection with that particular activity. In this case, it maybe possible to gain 8 or possibly 12 points with the gaining of several points with several activities. Would it be possible to score enough points in this way to satisfy the DWP and PIP and would the DWP allow for this? I was just wondering if this could be a case for an appeal. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #238226 by BIS
Hi Robert

Yes, you can score for using aids or appliances on more than one question, but you have to show that you have a need for them. How many points you would gain it is impossible for me to say. If you believe the DWP have ignored your need for aids, then this may form part of an appeal against their judgment.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: robby

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.