× Members

muscular dystrophy

More
4 years 6 months ago #238277 by diceman24
muscular dystrophy was created by diceman24
hello I work p/time self employed for the last 24 years and my doctor has advised me to give up work due to my muscular dystrophy is progressive getting worse. im on working tax credits with enhanced disability premium added im on full dla awards has well.because I have worked p/time I am on low earnings so not paid tax, my doctor said he can give me a sick note. but please can you advise me what benefit I claim or do I have to carry on claiming my working tax credits they run out in may 2020 thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #238294 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic muscular dystrophy
diceman

You have two options;

- If you have paid for Class 2 NI Contributions then you may be able to claim New Style ESA
- If you have not or do not have sufficient NICs then it would be Universal Credit

You can put your information into one of the online benefit calculators to see which will be best for you.

www.gov.uk/benefits-calculators

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.