× Members

Just had f2f PIP re-assessment and I'm worried

More
4 years 6 months ago #238284 by Jane Mallin
Hi everyone, it's my first post for a long time.
I received the PIP review form about 2-3 months ago and took my time filling it in, making my case again because I don't trust the system. I thought I'd done a good job, but several weeks later I'd been booked for an f2f in the office...

This worried me. If the decision maker had done a proper job and reviewed my original claim then they would've known I'm not well enough for that. So I changed it to a home assessment, sent in some more evidence and wrote them another letter.

It explained my concerns and formally requested them to review my original claim too. I also told them that my review claim form was not as good as the original because I was stressed out about my mother (she died a few days before the f2f).

The f2f was on Wednesday and I am still exhausted from it. I thought it had gone well. My friend, who was there to support me, felt the assessor was genuine.

But then I read a comment in one of the thank you posts on here which said if you are called for an f2f after filling in a PIP review form then you are essentially making a new claim...

Cue anxiety attack. I have been ill with Psoriatic Arthritis for nearly 30 years, for the last 6-7 years it has barely been controlled and the damage is extensive. I now need to use a wheelchair on some occasions and the chronic fatigue is a nightmare too. I.spend about 95% of my time bed-bound and alone as talking wears me out... I honestly don't know if I have the strength to keep on fighting this awful system especially now as I grieve for my mother.

Sorry for the long post. I think I am just in need of some reassurance because of my anxiety. I hope someone takes the time to reply.

Jane

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #238295 by BIS
Hi Jane

Going through the PIP process is always worrying and I think few people trust the system. I cannot allay your fears, but I will say, although one hears some horrific and unacceptable stories of what people have had to endure, there are quite a lot of people who have a good experience. You are fortunate that your assessor seemed genuine and this was confirmed by your friend. I haven't heard many people say they had a nice assessor and then an awful result.

To have a paper-based review you would have had to have back-up from your GP or a consultant.

As for your review, you have explained what you could and you have pin-pointed them to your original information. There is nothing more that you can do at this stage. Many people worry while they wait for the result wondering if they should have done it differently or worried they didn't include some vital piece of information or forgot to tell the assessor something. This is worse when like you, they suffer from anxiety. But there's nothing you can do now. For your own health, you have to set it aside and accept you did the best job you could in the circumstances of what you were having to deal with and wait for the result. Tying yourself up in knots wondering if you should have written more, will not help you. Don't worry about fighting the system - when at this point you don't even know if it is necessary. You can ring up and request your assessment report or you could wait for the decision letter.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.