× Members

DWP phoning GP for information

More
4 years 5 months ago #238467 by Billy
DWP phoning GP for information was created by Billy
Hi Gordon could I ask you a couple of Questions.
1/ Can the DWP phone your GP over the phone to discuss patient information

2/ My Mandatory Reconsideration notice letter did not state on it that I could appeal, i can appeal it as I have did the same before.
Can I state this quote on the appeal letter.

"It must say whether you have a right of appeal against that decision.
This is a legal requirement placed upon the DWP

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #238474 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DWP phoning GP for information
Billy

1. Yes, but it's unlikely as the DWP have no medical expertise, it's more likely that the assessor would.

2. You don't say what the Decision is but most carry a right of appeal.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 5 months ago #238475 by Billy
Replied by Billy on topic DWP phoning GP for information
Somebody phoned my GP for information I was wondering if that was legal and the appeal was for good cause

More
4 years 5 months ago #238477 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DWP phoning GP for information
Billy

Forgive me but I am confused, is this a new Good Cause Decision as I thought this was all done and dusted four months ago?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 5 months ago #238481 by Billy
Sorry about that Gordon yes this is my second one they asked me to go for another assessment at another centre but they were both in Edinburgh and the trip to the new assessment centre was not any shorter, and I refused to go so I am having to appeal again, they just refuse to give me a home assessment, and they stated on their letter they offered me a home visit which was a load of lies.
Just a few weeks before this assessment I migrated from DLA to PIP and was awarded standard care and enhanced mobility but they still will not accept that as good cause so its another appeal I am afraid
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

More
4 years 4 months ago #240126 by Billy
Another update, I took this `good cause` case to the second appeal.
I received a letter from the tribunal last week and it stated " I have been advised that the appeals officer has revised the decision on your case and that the new decision is a more favourable one".
This morning I received a letter from the Assessment centre wanting me to fill in a new questionnaire.
I would appreciate if you have you any advice on this .. Thanks

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.