× Members

Paper based pip assessment no face to face

More
4 years 5 months ago #238496 by Louise
Hi I contacted capita yesterday as we have been having problems with our post so just wanted to make sure we hadn't missed the appointment letter. Capita informed me it will be a paper based assessment and there will be no face to face assessment. I did fill in the form myself for my daughter and also send medical letters. Capita said that they had also written to her GP and mental health nurse and are awaiting their responses. Is paper based assessment a good or bad thing? I don't know anyone who has had one or much about it. Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #238498 by BIS
Hi Louisee

Paper-based assessments are few and far between and most claimants would be delighted not to have to endure a face to face. Obviously, with a paper-based assessment, there is no chance to give a view of a claimant's medical conditions face to face - but as this is distressing for some, it is not seen as a disadvantage.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 5 months ago #238826 by Louise
Replied by Louise on topic Paper based pip assessment no face to face
Hi, Im so glad she doesn't have to go through a face to face assessment as how she is she wouldn't interact at all with them and find the whole process traumatic leaving me with days of trying to console her. I have seen the forms that her gp and mental health nurse have filled In and they do support what I have said on her application but don't go into much detail I'm hoping that this all helps. Do you think it would be beneficial if I sent in a statement of support? Thank you

More
4 years 5 months ago #238828 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Paper based pip assessment no face to face

Louise wrote: Do you think it would be beneficial if I sent in a statement of support? Thank you

It can't hurt. It can be in the form of a letter, so your name and address, how you know them and how often you see them, a description of their problems with completing the PIP activities, and lastly a statement attesting that the contents of the letter are accurate to the best of your ability and of course a signature.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Louise

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.