× Members

PIP Face to Face

More
4 years 6 months ago #238534 by David
PIP Face to Face was created by David
Yesterday I had my interview. The only info the nurse had on her screen was the PIP form, my prescription list and a covering letter from me which indicated that I had been given a two week extension. She showed me what was on the screen. I am 67 and a transfer from lifetime DLA to PIP.

I had expected to see to see a report from my GP. But it was not there. I explained in an earlier post to this forum why I was unable to provide information from people such as clinical psychologists and I have lost contact with past Carers.

Should I ask my GP to send a report or wait for the verdict?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #238538 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Face to Face
David

The Assessment Providers rarely contact the claimant's GP so if you did not provide a report or letter yourself then I am not really surprised that there was no report.

There is an opportunity before the Decision is made for you to supply a letter if your GP Is willing to provide one but you will need to be quick.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 6 months ago #238889 by David
Replied by David on topic PIP Face to Face
Thanks for the reply Gordon.

I had a phone consultation with my GP yesterday. She said that the standard procedure is for the DWP to send a form with set questions and that they would not accept or consider or underplay a GP initiated letter because the GP could not respond to specific questions. This seems to go against the tenor of advice on this forum. She generally sympathetic. She mentioned that if I had to appeal then she would be supportive. She is the most supportive GP in the practice. At the moment I am thinking of booking a double appointment with her to explain how my illnesses impact on my day to day life . Doing this in the event of having to appeal. Would this be a good idea? She filled in a form from the DWP for ESA some time ago which placed me in the support group. I am now retired. I say this to indicate her supportive nature.

More
4 years 6 months ago #238891 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP Face to Face
Hi David

I am afraid there are many GP's who will not write letters to the DWP either because they do not want to or they believe the only way to do it is with the form that the DWP occasionally sends out. I am afraid your GP (as supportive as she is) is completely wrong in thinking that the DWP will not accept a letter initiated by the GP - in fact more claimants do this because the DWP so rarely contact the GPs and that is why in our guides we suggest trying to get a letter to include in the evidence when claimants send their forms in. I would speak to your GP again and ask her to write a letter in support of your claim. It does not have to be a long one, but confirming your medical symptoms and the difficulties they have knowledge of. You could take along to your GP - the GP notes which you will find from the link below. This will help her to write to the descriptors.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 6 months ago #238896 by David
Replied by David on topic PIP Face to Face
Thanks Gordon.

I’ve just had a look at the GP notes form. Nice and succinct. To book an appointment would take too long. There are walk in clinics each morning but her next walk in clinic is next Tuesday. If I see another GP they might be less willing to oblige. I have a mixture of physical and mental health problems. I have experienced some rather unsympathetic GPs when it comes to GPs dealing with mental health.

More
4 years 6 months ago #238962 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic PIP Face to Face
Hi David

I would agree with BIS, I was at a Tribunal last week, we had no evidence to support the appeal apart from a letter from her doctor which was only about two paragraphs long. At the Tribunal we also had a presenting officer from DWP attending.
Due to the contents of the doctors letter the Tribunal was cut short, the DWP presenting officer was asked if she wanted to make any comments about the doctors letter and the lady I attended with was placed in the support group.

Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.