× Members

PIP - Change of Circumstances

More
4 years 6 months ago #238627 by Jo2468
PIP - Change of Circumstances was created by Jo2468
Hello all. It's been a while since I was on here. Bit of background, I applied for PIP for Pain and Mental health issues in June 2017.awarded 6 and 4 points, MR result the same. Took DWP to tribunal where a Dwp representative was there and was awarded 11 point DL and 10 Mobility. The 10 came from my mental health issues. I have since been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia (pain for 5 years b4 diagnosis) IBS, Diverticulitis, Chronic Fatigue. I'm lucky to be seeing a psychologist for my Complex Ptsd, my psychiatrist, my pain consultant and my chronic pain practitioner.

It's fair to say that my health has deteriorated in the last couple of years and was deteriorating throughout my various appeals. Its got to the stage that my husband is leaving his full time employment to become my carer (he's doing it already bless hom, but currently working full time)

We spoke about me informing the dwp that my condition is on a downward spiral and decided to inform them. It was a particularly harrowing time the first time and I also didnt know about the invaluabke resources you have on your website. I became a member the day after the tribunal.

So hey guys and gals, I was sent out another full assessment booklet to fill in after my husband rang in for me. And I wanted to ask if it is ok for me to send the booklet filled out but with the 'Extra Information' sections on each task being typed and stuck to the relevant page. I am unable to write for lengths of time because my fingers cramp up and remain like that for hours. As such my husband rang the dwp for an extension and without any quibbling they extended it by 4 weeks. So would it be ok to cut out the typed extra information bits and stick them on the relevant pages?

Not sure what your thoughts are regarding this. Any help or options would be great. I've managed to get a detailed letter from my GP and my Psychologist and also one from the Pain Management Clinic. So all in all, I'm pretty much finished.
The guidance notes on here have been fantastic. Not sure what the outcome will be, but I'll those in a similar position to me, updated.

On a final note.... on the extra information for each question... Would it be ok for me to put at the bottom, the current points previously awarded and then what I category I feel I have changed to given the deterioration? So two questions and hopung someone can help in some way. Best wishes to all. Xxxx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #238635 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP - Change of Circumstances
Hi Jo2468

Yes you can type any parts of the application you want and either just write in the boxes 'see additional sheet No.1 etc) or you can stick your typed information into the boxes whichever is easier. If you do add additional sheets don't forget to put your name and national insurance number on each one.

As to your second question - putting what you received before and what you think it is now - this is up to you. I would only put the information if you thought the number was fair before - but if you didn't there's no need to add it - just put your explanation for how things have deteriorated making sure your explanation fits to the PIP criteria.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 6 months ago #238833 by Jo2468
Replied by Jo2468 on topic PIP - Change of Circumstances
That was very kind of you to get back to me so quickly BIS. I am hoping to get the forms off the latter part of this week so I'll update when I get news.

Thanks so much again. X

More
4 years 6 months ago #239463 by Jo2468
Replied by Jo2468 on topic PIP - Change of Circumstances
Hi again. Just wanted to let all know that I got my 1021 sent off on Monday (21/10/19). My hubby sent it by special delivery and it showed it being received at 6 04am the very next morning.

I've been pretty anxious and on edge since, expecting to be treated the same way as last time. My hubby rang them yesterday afternoon at 4pm (25 october 19) and was told by the dwp that they had received it and sent it to their medical advisors at Atos. He rang them and they said they'd received it on Wednesday 23rd october 2019. Thats two days after it was sent.

I'm pretty worried now as in 48 hrs from sending it, it had been seen by the dwp and was already in the hands of the medical assessor. Is this normal? I have only ever applied once before and it was a lot slower than that.

Tbh, i'm getting myself really worked up because it seems like a really quick turnaround.

Any thoughts anyone? Or am I just over thinking this? Hope all is well with everyone. Xx

More
4 years 5 months ago #239467 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP - Change of Circumstances
Hi Jo2468

Yes, you are overthinking this. A lot of people have experienced delays with paperwork being forwarded. There is nothing suspicious in yours being done quickly you are just one of the fortunate ones where the paperwork has gone through the system as it should have done.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jo2468

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.