× Members

DLA to PIP success

More
4 years 6 months ago #238673 by BlissC
DLA to PIP success was created by BlissC
This morning I received the result of my DLA to PIP claim, which I've been waiting 8 weeks for with dread. The last I'd heard from the DWP was a few weeks ago when they texted me to say they'd received the assessment report and had all the information they needed (yay! No face-to-face!)

After all that worrying, on opening the envelope though I found I've been awarded enhanced rate mobility and daily living! I was expecting (hoping for) enhanced rate mobility, but didn't expect to get enhanced daily living as well. It's an 'ongoing' award, barring any changes, with a reassessment date of 2029 (which I gather is the longest time they'll leave you between assessments).

I haven't always scored points/the number of points where I'd expected to score them (I suppose if I re-look at my claim and the scoring system it'll make more sense), but to be honest I'm not arguing with enhanced! :-)

Thank you to the other B&W members who've offered advice, to the moderators here on the forum, and most of all to the wonderful people who produce the Guides. I really couldn't have done it without you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #238676 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic DLA to PIP success
Hi BlissC

Congratulations on your PIP award. Great to hear.

BIS

Tags: @RESULT @PIP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 6 months ago #238684 by BlissC
Replied by BlissC on topic DLA to PIP success
Thanks BIS. What I forgot to mention was that my DLA award was indefinite low rate care and high rate mobility, hence my surprise at getting the enhanced daily living. Like I said though, I'm not arguing with that! :-D

There has been a deterioration in my condition somewhat, but looking at what they've awarded points for, I guess it's partly down to the difference in how they assess the activities how using aids and equipment are used as well as help from another person.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.