× Members

Have ESA Assessments changed?

More
4 years 4 months ago #240752 by Squirelly666
Replied by Squirelly666 on topic Have ESA Assessments changed?
Got the letter from DWP this morning, and I have indeed been put in the support group.

They're backdating SG component, and EDP to 7/10 which is the start of the 14th week of my claim. I phoned them to double check this was correct, after the comments from Gordon, and they said:

You're entitled to EDP because you're in the Support Group, and you weren't in the support group until 7/10, so the EDP starts on that date?

I couldn't really argue against their logic, but it also doesn't sound right, but they were adamant that this is the case.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #240760 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Have ESA Assessments changed?
Squirelly

Thinking about it they are right about the EDP, any SDP would still be payable from the beginning of the claim.

When I answered I was thinking about the time-limiting of ESA(CB) where claimants are treated as being in the SG from the start of their claim as long as their initial assessment places them in that group but I now remember that the legislation for this actually has specific clauses to allow this and the EDP does not.

Sorry about that.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Squirelly666

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.