× Members

PIP review - HP said would do a paper based assess

More
4 years 6 months ago #238839 by lacoste1985
Hi

I have been claiming PIP for almost 2 years. I was given a 2 year award in Feb 2018. I received a renewal pack in August this year and returned to Dwp by beginning of Sept.

I was then sent a letter by Capita advising I needed to attend a f2f. My appointment was 4th Oct...i went along to it with my partner who is also my carer.

I claim PIP on mental health grounds. I have depression, anxiety, BPD, PTSD and am currently waiting to be assessed for potential Aspergers syndrome.

I was a bag of nerves when I arrived at the assessment centre, shaking, having a panic attack, crying, id cut the previous day and had cuts all over my arms. The lady who was assessing me was a psychiatric nurse. She took one look at me, asked why I wasnt put down for a home visit (I never asked for one as I didnt think I would be offered one, I know how hard they are to come by). The assessor then said she didnt think i was well enough to undergo the assessment there and then....my partner said he would help me answer the questions. She then asked if he was my appointee (hes not).

We got in the room and she said she had to risk assess the affect a f2f could have on me after its done and if the risk is too high they can halt it. I told her i was not prepared to leave that centre until they had done what they needed to do....she took one look at me and said she was going to do a paper based assessment and that she felt she already had enough info from the form i had completed and a large chunk of medical evidence id submitted.

She said that having a paper assessment would not "affect my award" and told me not to worry. She also advised my partner to apply for appointeeship and gave him a piece of paper on the way out with a tel number on. Ive read that less than 1% of PIP claimants are assessed via paper and my anxiety has been sky high just wondering what will happen to my PIP now....

I got my partner to contact Capita yesterday to see if we could request a copy of the HCA report. The woman put us on hold and went away and said if its been put down for a paper based assessment then they will most likely write to the health care professional i listed in my review form (my GP) to request their opinion. She said the report hadnt been written yet and was in a "que, most likely sat in someone's work tray waiting to be dealt with"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #238844 by BIS
Hi S

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

It sounds an extremely stressful event, but I am glad you met a good assessor who did absolutely the right thing to stop the assessment because they did not want to risk your health further. I hope you soon hear the result of your paper-based assessment.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: lacoste1985

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.