× Members

Pip face to face home assessment

More
4 years 6 months ago #238840 by suffolkgirl
Pip face to face home assessment was created by suffolkgirl
Any help greatly appreciated. I cannot sleep with all the worry of this and at 66 years of age it just seems too ridiculous for words. Two questions, how am I going to get the state my disabilities across if I should not engage with the assessor due to my mental state, but also have a mountain of physical problems and the other is my cab helper who filled in the form has put in the wrong descriptor so I know I will lose high rate mobility when I clearly stated to him the maximum 20 metres was my limit, he put the next one. I am worried sick with all of this. I had an indefinite award of DLA low rate care and high rate mobility.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #238843 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Pip face to face home assessment
Hi Suffolkgirl

Clearly this is very stressful for you. Before the assessment, I would write anything down that you need to tell the assessor. It only has to be bullet points. You can tell the assessor about the mistake in the distance and you explain why it was made. Will you have anyone with you at your home? It depends on the assessors, but some will let a friend and relative speak if it becomes too much for you.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: suffolkgirl

More
4 years 6 months ago #238863 by suffolkgirl
Replied by suffolkgirl on topic Pip face to face home assessment
Thankyou so much BIS for your swift reply, this is doing my head in with worry, I thought when someone becomes a pensioner, that they can have a bit more leisurely life ! I will do as you say but only have my husband with me and am afraid that with his memory problems he may hang me even though he is my main carer. No fault of his not understanding Fibromyalgia, Spondylitis whole length of spine, Diverticular disease, Dupuytrens Contracture, Severe Depression and a few others including hearing loss, which he helps fill in the gaps for me sometimes. I really am in `shut down ` mode ie. I do not want to speak to this person or even see them as I know only too well how they lie from past experience. At least I do not have to visit one of their centres , so I must be grateful for that and am sure so many people would rather have their assessment at home, mine is with IAS on Friday.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.