× Members

Help with Assessor Report please

More
4 years 6 months ago #238841 by Mocktrial
Help with Assessor Report please was created by Mocktrial
Hello, I have just subscribed to your wonderful site.
I recently underwent a F2F assessment and felt it went "ok" I duly requested (5 times) a copy of the report which arrived yesterday.
the original report I feel was accurate and should have awarded, once DM has seen it enhanced DL and standard Mobility.
However, this is where it becomes confusing. About 10 days after the F2F the assessor rang me at home one eveing and asked further questions regarding the length of flares, how often etc and also times it took to walk distances. I explained again all I had said in the F2F.
On the report she has now added a footnote saying that during the following phone call the claimant stated her flares can last 3 - 4 weeks and not 3 - 4 days and is not consistent with her illness. this is NOT what I said and she in fact said " I will put 3 - 4 weeks then shall I? I again reitterated that it varies and depends.
The report suggests I will receive 8 for DL and 4 for mobility with only a 12 month award.
I immediately rang DWP and explained that the original report was correct and would have given me the correct award and she has changed this, with the footnote and has contradicted herself with things I didnt say.
His reply...."I will put a note of your comments on your screen for the DM and follow this up with a letter explaining everything you have just said"
My son (who is my council registered carer) took the letter to the post office and sent it by guaranteed, signed for post.
My question is? COULD this make a difference. Do DM's ever up and award following such a letter and lastly if it stays at 8 for DL on a 12 month award, I may be better "sucking it up" until June next year and putting in a whole new claim.
Many thanks in anticipation

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #238842 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Help with Assessor Report please
Hi Mocktrial

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

I honestly cannot tell you what the Decision Maker's decision will be and it would be wrong for me to speculate. We know that in the majority of cases the Decision Maker, follows the advice of the Assessor, but in your case, whether this will be from the initial report or from the footnote it is impossible to say.

I think you need to wait to see the decision before you think about what you will do next. When you have that come back and ask any questions about what your options are for the next stage.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mocktrial

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.