× Members

Applied for PIP but need to move

More
4 years 6 months ago #238899 by Aida
Applied for PIP but need to move was created by Aida
Hi All, I applied for PIP earlier this year and am still waiting for them to follow up on my application, every time I ring for an update (since February...) I'm told no info yet and no details on when they will process my application. Meantime I need to move out of my rented place and will move to a different county. My question is: will I have to re-apply for PIP in that county? I cant bear to start all over again. Thanks for reading and please do advise.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #238907 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Applied for PIP but need to move
Aida

Who are you ringing? If it is the DWP then they are unlikely to be able to tell you what is going on as it is the Assessment Provider that is responsible for the medicals.

Contact the AP for your postcode;

www.gov.uk/government/publications/pip-postcode-map-uk

Capita
www.capita-pip.co.uk/contact-us.aspx

IAS (formerly ATOS)
www.mypipassessment.co.uk/contact-us/

If you are speaking to the AP then I'm surprised that they cannot tell you what the delay is, you can try involving your MP.

Contacting your MP

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 6 months ago #239026 by Aida
Replied by Aida on topic Applied for PIP but need to move
Thanks Gordon for your reply.
I have heard from them that my delay is within the normal range and they should process soon. But my question specifically relates to having to move county - will that mean I need to re-apply for PIP in that county? Please advise. Thanks.

More
4 years 6 months ago #239036 by Gordon
Aida

Apologies, I missed your question.

No, you won't have to re-apply for PIP, if necessary the DWP will simply send you file to your then nearest office.

The situation with an assessment may be more complicated so make sure you keep the Assessment Provider up to date with your move.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 6 months ago #239093 by Aida
Replied by Aida on topic Applied for PIP but need to move
Thanks Gordon, good to have that confirmed.
Just one further question :
Do I run the risk that the response waiting period for my PIP application starts again from zero with the new county?
Thanks for all your help.

More
4 years 6 months ago #239159 by Gordon
Aida

No, this won't happen, paperwork is regularly moved from one office to another.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.