× Members

Benefit advice?

More
4 years 6 months ago #238910 by Sharon
Benefit advice? was created by Sharon
Not quite sure how to use this forum as I'm new and very confused! Forgive me if I'm doing it wrong. I'm in desperate need of help with my new pip form, I've been claiming pip for almost 3 years (previously DLA) so have to apply again and I'm terrified! I was in the top rated mobility of DLA but they decided to make me one point short when applying for pip, to which I lost my car, because they said I could plan a route down the road to the shops I did have someone helping me with my ESA, but she has proved quite unhelpful and have, after more than one appeal, been put in the work group despite the fact I can't work and am still trying to appeal about 3 1/2 years on! My story is quite lengthy and because of my benefit issues and what happened to my husband, if I lose my benefits, I have nothing left in me to carry on. Any advice is much appreciated

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #238912 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Benefit advice?
Sharon

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

Have you looked at our PIP Claim guide for help with completing the form?

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Why are you unable to follow a route?

If you have any specific questions then please post again and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 6 months ago #238964 by Sharon
Replied by Sharon on topic Benefit advice?
Thanks for your reply Gordon. I have vaguely skimmed over all the information you pointed me to and I think maybe it's too much for me to take in, trying to fill this pip form in, I'm going to have to find someone to do it for me, it's too confusing and stressful for me to understand.

I can't follow a route as it's too confusing, even locally I have to be careful, but the dwp took my to rate mobility away from me because they said I could plan a route, but yet there are people that get to rate and have jobs, I do not know why I'm deemed different.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.