× Members

Pips 2 form- answer length

More
4 years 6 months ago #238942 by MiriamC
Pips 2 form- answer length was created by MiriamC
Hi, I've just become a member to gain access to the pips 2 form guide.

I am a mum to a 16 year old son who is transferring from DLA to pips. He has epilepsy and I've been drafting my answers for some weeks using the epilepsy society's pips guide.

I notice in the guide from this site the examples are quite short. The answers I have are quite a few A4 pages worth of writing each question.

The advice was details , details details and don't be afraid to repeat yourself through the form .

Is this too much? Meaning are my answers too long?

I am quite anxious about the getting pips for my 16 year old and I want to make sure I'm doing it correctly as the odds of getting pips for epilepsy are low. 5 out of 7 people transferring from DLA to pips with epilepsy get refused.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Miriam.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #238953 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pips 2 form- answer length
Miriam

They are just examples so do not worry because they are so short but it is worth you going back through your answer to see is you can condense them, I used to write documents when I worked and could usually remove a third of the content originally written when doing a second draft.

Also, consider how you have presented the information. Short paragraphs are easier to read than long ones, also, add some sort of reference to each one so that it is easy to find the content from one activity to another, the same for any evidence that you have attached. Lastly, add an index or table of contents.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.