× Members

Zero award heads up

More
4 years 6 months ago #238970 by Meredith
Zero award heads up was created by Meredith
Just so people are aware of this ....

I received my brown envelope and it contained a "sorry, but we can't give you PIP for anything" letter.

So I rang to query this as it didn't seem correct based on my situation. They said there was a vague 'computer error' and a new letter would be sent out.

A new brown envelope arrived a few days later and yet again it contained a "sorry, but we can't give you PIP for anything" letter.

So I rang again, got the same 'computer error' response and was told that a new letter would be sent out etc.

That letter finally arrived and I finally got PIP, although not the higher mobility rate that I've had for the past 10 years. I read through the reasons for not granting the higher rate and there was a definite error where the wrong box had been ticked which didn't match the assessor's comments.(She'd ticked the 50-200 yards box when her report said 20-50yards.) So I've put in for a mandatory reconsideration and we'll see how that goes.

The main point of this topic though is the TWO incorrect letters I received before they got it half way right. If I wasn't savvie enough to known there was definitely a mistake somewhere and called them about it I may have just given up at that point.

I've kept all three letters and wil be showing them to my MP next time he holds a surgery; he's most definitely not a fan of PIP or Capita.

Has anyone else come across this 'computer error' excuse?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.