× Members

Sent PIP F2F despite consultant stating risks...

More
4 years 6 months ago #238971 by Anna
I'm beside myself. Despite both my psychiatrist and CPN putting in their supporting statements risks this would pose me due to stress, I've been called to a face to face. I honestly don't know how to cope. I was wanting to get it recorded but reading the info sent by capita, I don't see how its possible to record it if you can't use phone, laptop etc. Can you give me any advise as to how to get the meeting recorded as I'm so scared of things being twisted and used against me which seems sadly to be fairly commonplace. Thank you in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #238976 by Gordon
aej

Have you checked with Capita that they have looked at the letters, it's not uncommon for their computer system to just book an appointment without a proper review of the information that the claimant has sent being done.

To record the assessment you need permission in advance from the Assessment Provider.

It needs to be made to two tapes or CDs simultaneously.

You cannot use a digital recorder such as a mobile phone.

A member has reported problems if the media is not new, so make sure that the tapes or CDs are still shrink-wrapped and opened in the presence of the assessor.

You need to give one of the recordings to the assessor.

Most members have used two relatively cheap cassette recorders, check that they record without a problem, some have used external microphones.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 6 months ago #239003 by Anna
I don't know how to check with Capita because due to my anxiety I just can't face ringing them. But I did get a letter about 10 days ago saying they were going to contact professionals for more information so I don't know how they wouldn't have the letters as I included them as soon as I sent my form back.
In terms of the recording of it, I have no idea where to get suitable recording equipment. Could anyone advise me on this?
I've also heard that if my CPN takes me then they can ask her to wait outside whilst they assess me...how can this be right when the reason I'm taking her is because I need support? Apparently unless it is family (especially if they are professionals) then they can be asked to wait outside. I have no family to come with me and I need the support so I don't know what to do... sorry for being a nuisance

More
4 years 6 months ago #239009 by Gordon
aej

Somebody can ring on your behalf but you will need to be present in case you are asked to authorise Capita to speak to the person.

Just do an internet search for "cassette recorder", I know that Argos and Amazon stock them and both can deliver.

I'm not sure where you have heard that you or a family member will be asked to wait outside, this will not happen, whoever attends with you.

You're not being a nuisance :)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.