× Members

Preparing food descriptor

More
4 years 5 months ago #238974 by lindat
Preparing good descriptor was created by lindat
Sorry to be such a pain but struggling with this. Best I can ever do is reheat a frozen meal in bowl we buy in or that husband has cooked and put in bowl for me. Not always but maybe a couple of times a week. If they assume I can always do this would that mean 'Cannot cook a simple meal using a conventional cooker but able to do so using a microwave' applies to me?
X Linda

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #238980 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Preparing good descriptor
lindat

You need to be able to reliably prepare and cook a simple meal from fresh ingredients this applies to your using a microwave as well as to a hob.

You will need to explain why you cannot do this and why your using appropriate aids or the prompting, assistance or supervision of another person would still not allow you to complete the activity.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: lindat

More
4 years 5 months ago #238984 by lindat
Replied by lindat on topic Preparing food descriptor
Thank you... It was explained very clearly on PIP form why I am unable to even reheat a prepared meal reliably, and never safely. Also explained at assessment by husband who first burst out laughing when asked if I could peel and chop vegetables then said ' if you want more finger than veg' He did go into sensible explanation after that. Every previous assessment all done by Doctors, who understood fibromyalgia and did proper examinations, since 2001 have agreed. I was wondering if it had changed now so heating a ready meal was enough and we had misunderstood.

More
4 years 5 months ago #238986 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Preparing food descriptor
lindat

No, heating a ready meal does not meet the requirement.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.