× Members

Attendance allowance for eu citizen

More
4 years 5 months ago #238978 by Ana
Hello, I am from Romania and I live and work in UK for 10 rears now. My mother have came in UK 5 years ago to live with me after my father passed away. She gets £120 State Pension from Romania and £500 Pension Credit from UK. Her health is getting worse every day as she has ostheoporosis and advanced athrities at her both knees and hips. She has applied for Attendace Allowance and we have recieved a letter saying that " the UK is not responsible for paying her AA as she gets State Pension from Romania and not from UK...and some people can get AA from UK if they work in the UK or pay NI, or have paid enough NI Contributions to be able to claim a UK contribution-based sickness benefit." She has indefinite leave to work and live in the UK and as far as I know she is entitled to any benefits like any UK citizen. Also, AA is not a contribution-based benefit, Could you please advice if I am right to claim a Mandatory Reconsideration and if I have any chances to change that decision. Thank you. ANA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #238981 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Attendance allowance for eu citizen
Ana

The reference to National Insurance contributions is about residency in the UK.

I'm afraid this is not an area of benefits that we are qualified to advise on, you need to get face to face advice from a trained advisor, do an internet search for "welfare advice" with your postcode, town or county.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ana

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.