× Members

How long are claims currently taking?

More
4 years 6 months ago #239011 by brenda nut
How long are claims currently taking? was created by brenda nut
I applied for PIP in March. First I was sent a paper form to complete when I am allergic to the ink. Despite asking for it to be accessible I wasn’t offered a form by email. I had to put the letter in the shed until the chemicals off gassed before I could complete the form. It then took 10 days to arrive with them and be scanned making it late and rejected. I phoned to point out that they should have offered me an accessible format and after two more weeks they agreed to reopen my claim. I’m not sure if this counts as mandatory reconsideration.
I eventually got a face to face appointment at home in early August . I requested that the assessor wore no perfume/ aftershave or other chemicals due to my allergies. The assessment was hard going as she was wearing perfume making it very hard for me to concentrate and leaving me in considerable pain for a couple of days.
At least I thought that it would be worth it as my claim would now be considered. Last week I had a phone call from a hidden number claiming to be Capita, they wanted personal details which I refused to provide as I had no guarantee that I was talking to someone at Capita. Today I had another call, this time showing the number which I was able to look up as belonging to Capita. Apparently I need a reassessment as the assessor has left without completing the report and the computer had been wiped.
I asked what the timescale is for Capita completing an assessment and was told I should ask DWP as they set the timescales for each case. I then asked what the timescale is for my case and was reluctantly told 40 days.
Assuming that this is working days it should have been completed by mid September and yet I now have to go through the process again with no guarantee that the next person will complete the assessment or that it will be safe for me to let them Ito my home. I have no choice about redoing the assessment interview (well they did suggest they’d cancel my claim if I don’t)
Had anyone had anything similar? Also can I refuse entry to someone who will make me ill without me being penalised?
I am sending a complaint to Capita by email.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #239013 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic How long are claims currently taking?
B

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

It's not common but we do regularly hear from members that the assessment has to be repeated as a result of the assessor leaving the Assessment Provider.

In addition to making a complaint, I would also consider involving your MP especially to ensure that your restrictions from your allergies are met or that a Paper Based Review is done instead.

Contacting your MP

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.