× Members

Awaiting for the pip2 form to arrive!!

More
4 years 6 months ago #239015 by Ketomum
Hello everyone, this is my first time writing on this forum and I have found so much information on this site. I even signed up for membership so I can have access to the resources. I am looking for some advice regarding my case. I am applying for pip on behalf of my 16 year old. Her diagnosis is ex 25 week premature baby
Hydrocephalus (shunted)
Moderate learning difficulty
Came down with guillain barre syndrome in 2014 which has left her with muscle weakness in her legs.

We have moved back from Ireland recently but I am only able to find a report that is dated from 2012, although it’s out dated most of her problems are the same if not more as she is now a teenager .
As we have just moved many of the agencies are now involved to get all of her assessments done but I am afraid the reports from them will not be ready in time as I am expecting the pip2 form any day now.

Occupational therapist (appointment on 29th Oct home visit)
Physio (appointment on 29th Oct home visit )
Educational psychologist (appointment 6th nov at her college)
Speech and language (appointment 21st nov)

I’m just worried about submitting her form without much evidence to back it up. It’s giving me so much stress and I am only at the first hurdle I just want her to get what she is entitled to.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #239018 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Awaiting for the pip2 form to arrive!!
Hi Ketomum

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claim...q/general-faq#Gen140

You may want to use our 'Members Only Guides' to help you complete PIP2 form
www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

If you do not have any medical reports by the time you have to send off your PIP2 form, then don't panic, make a note on the application form at the back under other information that you are waiting for reports which will be sent once you have received them, in the mean time whoever gives support/care to your 16 year old can write a supporting document, the supporting document needs to state what support they give on a regular basis, don't forget to include yourself.

Make sure the documents are signed and like any supporting documents you want to include put your daughter name and National Insurance number on each page.

You could also write a day diary highlighting how your daughter is affected on a day to day basis, you can find examples of day diaries under 'PIP resources'.

Remember don't send original documents as you will not receive them back, keep the originals and only send photocopies.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 6 months ago #239022 by SUE C C
Replied by SUE C C on topic Awaiting for the pip2 form to arrive!!
Hello Ketomum

You might also want to consider requesting an extension of your PIP-2 return date. Mine has been extended by 2 weeks without a request from me.

SUE
x

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 5 months ago #239095 by Ketomum
Replied by Ketomum on topic Awaiting for the pip2 form to arrive!!
Thanks so much for your detailed response. The form has arrived and I am trying not to make this an overwhelming experience. I just want my daughter to receive what she is entitled to. Please I have another question. As I mentioned before I only have a report that is quite outdated but proves her medical issues and her cognitive impairment should I still send this as medical evidence? As I am worried they may say this is how she is now. As her needs have increased greatly as she is now 16. We have just moved so in the process of assessments being done. But I just don’t want to send the form with no evidence. Thanks

More
4 years 5 months ago #239103 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Awaiting for the pip2 form to arrive!!
Hi Ketomum

If you think the report, does not give enough detail of how she is now and could potentially harm her claim rather than help it - do not send it. I know you have recently moved, but do you have a doctor who would be willing to write a letter. They obviously don't know her well - but if they are willing it would be better than nothing. You can also state when you send the form that other reports will be forthcoming.

You should also write a letter, quite independent from filling in the form. You know how her medical condition impacts on her daily living.

I don't know what sort of college she attends, but be aware that some members are finding that the assessors can often then overlook the difficulties - so when you are completing the form, make sure that you are very, very clear on the cognitive issues and their impact.

BIS

More
4 years 5 months ago #239117 by Ketomum
Replied by Ketomum on topic Awaiting for the pip2 form to arrive!!
Thanks BIS for your helpful reply. She attends a college course for kids with special needs. The course is called foundation learning. The college arranged for her to picked up and dropped off 4 days a week as she would be unable to make her way there and back as she has no understanding of public transport due to her cognitive impairment. I could ask the GP to write something but as you stated they don’t know her other than the medical records being sent from previous GP. Which are out dated as we have recently returned from the Republic of Ireland. I’m just really worried they will see the form with no supporting evidence and make the decision based on that. I am actually hoping for the F2F assessment as the accessor would be able to see the level of her cognitive impairment. She has trouble in understanding basic information. If you ask her a question she will answer you with an unrelated answer. I hate that I am stressing out so much about this when I know she is fully entitled to this benefit but they don’t make it easy. Thanks again

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.