× Members

Health Assessment Advisory service

More
4 years 6 months ago #239021 by rattle
Health Assessment Advisory service was created by rattle
I will give a little background first. I was migrated from IB to ESA after a home visit I was then placed in the support group. I have not had another F2F WCA but did have an award based on paper 2016 they also used my 2015 PIP assessemnt report again placed in support group. From 2011 I was awarded DLA LRC and HRM, 2015 I applied for PIP and was given a 5yr award enhanced care and enhanced mobility.

A while back I was sent a ESA 50 I filled it in gave lots of information and medical evidence. In the ESA50 I explained I had just been awarded 10 years PIP enhanced mobility and care, this followed a 5 year award which was also enhanced for both. Obviously this means I cannot walk 50m and meet the support group descriptor 1, I cannot self propell a manual wheelchair.

In the ESA 50 for walking distance I ticked it varies, this is because there is not a box that applies to me. I explained in great detail the difficulties I have walking and the aids I use. Maximus have a copy of my PIP award so they know I cannot walk 20m but still insist on a F2F WCA.

The first question I would like to ask is what is the pre-board check? I don't completely understand it but to me after the ESA50 was returned maximus should have treated my form as meeting LCWRA critiria.

Second question is. All my benefit assessments have always been at home Maximus want me to attend an assessment centre. I am Agoraphobic and have sent a GP supporting letter and a EA 2010 letter. Is there anything else I can do if they still refuse a home F2F ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #239031 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Health Assessment Advisory service
rattle

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

A pre-board check is done at two points in the process, first by the DWP in deciding to ask Maximus to do an assessment, a very small number of claimants are excluded at this stage, the second point is when Maximus receive your details from the DWP, if they don't exclude the claimant at this point then an ESA50 is issued.

Check with Maximus that they have looked at the GP letter, a lot of appointments are booked without this happening properly, if they have, then ask why the letter was not sufficient?

The GP letter needs to be unambiguous about your not being able to attend at their offices, words like "might" or "could" will undermine the letter and often make it useless.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: rattle

More
4 years 6 months ago #239074 by rattle
Replied by rattle on topic Health Assessment Advisory service
Thanks for the reply. I am not concerned about the name it's not my real name.

The doctors letter states in no uncertain terms I cannot attend an assessment centre and he gives the reason why which is two diagnosed conditions , he also states it would be detrimental to my mental health.
The letter is not unambiguous I know a doctor using words like please consider a home visit would cast doubt, I am sure Maximus would use this against a claimant.

At present they have not denied a home visit but given their past history 2018-19 of only giving 2.2% of people home visits I am not completely confident.

I don't think Maximus have even read any of my medical evidence or the ESA50 they just browsed through the tick boxes. After all what can I tick for physical functions there isn't a box for me I cannot walk 50m. I ticked it varies sometimes I cannot walk 1m I certainly cannot walk over 20m and definitely not repeatedly,reliable and safely . I wrote a two page explanation of the difficulty I have walking and included medical evidence.

Maximus state if you can leave your home for doctors ,dentist,shopping then you can attend an assessment centre an unbelievable attitude. This shows a complete lack of understanding of Agoraphobia, panic attacks ,social anxiety etc.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.