× Members

PIP light touch for pensioners

More
4 years 6 months ago #239046 by chris53
PIP light touch for pensioners was created by chris53
Being 66 years old, I was pleased to see that the DWP would just be giving a 10 year light touch to pensioners on PIP. My blue badge is coming up for renewal and as there is new legislation, was told you now can't renew, you have to re apply. I started to complete the form and when it came to the PIP award dates, contacted blue badge, in the light of the new 'light touch'. I was told that they can only give the badge to the end of the award date and suggested I contact PIP to get a new letter. I contacted PIP after reading the statement on the DWP site. I was told the light touch only applies to pensioners on high rate awards! I pointed out that is not what their website states, nor is the letter I received from Amber Rudd's department saying that. Both clearly state pensioners. No mention of having to be on high rate. Is this correct?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #239051 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP light touch for pensioners
Chris

Either you have an On-Going award or you do not, so have the DWP notified you of a change to your existing award?

I'm not aware of any guidance in the public domain being issued by the DWP in regards to claimants reaching State Retirement Age and their current awards ending, we know that some members have been contacted in advance of their current awards ending and others have been notified of an In-Going award at their normal reassessment date.

I'm not aware of any restrictions that limit the change to only Enhanced awards but we have nothing more than Amber Rudd's announcement and a press release on same from the DWP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: chris53

More
4 years 6 months ago #239065 by phrank
Replied by phrank on topic PIP light touch for pensioners
[quote="chris
" post=239046]Being 66 years old, I was pleased to see that the DWP would just be giving a 10 year light touch to pensioners on PIP. My blue badge is coming up for renewal and as there is new legislation, was told you now can't renew, you have to re apply. I started to complete the form and when it came to the PIP award dates, contacted blue badge, in the light of the new 'light touch'. I was told that they can only give the badge to the end of the award date and suggested I contact PIP to get a new letter. I contacted PIP after reading the statement on the DWP site. I was told the light touch only applies to pensioners on high rate awards! I pointed out that is not what their website states, nor is the letter I received from Amber Rudd's department saying that. Both clearly state pensioners. No mention of having to be on high rate. Is this correct?[/quote]

Hi Chris,

If I were you I would call them again. I often get unsatisfactory answers so I phone again and sometimes again until I do get a satisfactory answer.

It all depends who you speak to. It's quite possible the person you spoke to was on their first day on the phones and believe you me; having done lots of call centre work myself, I can vouch that 'fobbing off' or 'winging it' and giving incorrect information due to lack of experience are all too sadly the norm.

Good luck,

Phrank.

More
4 years 5 months ago #239479 by chris53
Replied by chris53 on topic PIP light touch for pensioners
When I called, the lady I was speaking to couldn't answer my question. She said she would speak to an assessor to check if she could send a new letter. She called me back and informed me that the assessor said I have to be reassessed in February. My award is until August next year. Previously I was on high rate DLA mobility and standard care for life!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.