× Members

Unnecessary Stress?

More
4 years 6 months ago #239078 by UC:
Unnecessary Stress? was created by UC:
Thanks to the intervention of my MP, my autistic daughter’s invitation to a face to face assessment was reduced to a telephone assessment with my wife, my daughter’s appointee.

This took place on Tuesday 01 October and my wife reported that the Assessor was friendly and reasonable. She indicated to my wife that she would be advising the DWP that my daughter should be assessed in the future under the ‘light touch’ process.

We received a letter from the DWP this morning, Saturday 19 October to be informed that the DWP had all of the necessary information to process my daughter’s application for PIP and that they would let us know if they are in a position to award PIP in due course.

Is such a timeline the norm? Reasonable? It has only served to contribute to more worry and stress so I would appreciate the benefit of any other person’s experience!

Many thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #239079 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Unnecessary Stress?
Hi UC

Yes the timeline you have, is perfectly normal. You have received the standard letter that all claimants get, when the DWP have the information they require and you would expect to hear within the next four weeks of the decision.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 6 months ago #239080 by UC:
Replied by UC: on topic Unnecessary Stress?
Dear BIS,
Thank you for the swift and informative response! Reassuring. Thank God for this site!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.