× Members

PIP waiting times for home assessment

More
4 years 5 months ago #239743 by Billis
Was granted a home assessment by letter that was dated 14th October 2019. It stated they would contact me to make an appointment. Not heard anything since? Any idea how long the waiting times are for home assessments as the wait is causing me constant anxiety.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #239755 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic PIP waiting times for home assessment
Hi Mr H

It varies across the region, you can contact the Assessment Provider by your postcode for an update.

www.gov.uk/government/publications/pip-postcode-map-uk

Capita
www.capita-pip.co.uk/contact-us.aspx

IAS (formerly ATOS)
www.mypipassessment.co.uk/contact-us/

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Billis

More
4 years 5 months ago #239777 by Billis
Replied by Billis on topic PIP waiting times for home assessment
The capita link doesn't work for me

Best regards

More
4 years 5 months ago #239790 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP waiting times for home assessment
MR H

Looks like they have moved the page, try

capita-pip.co.uk/en/contact.html

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Billis

More
4 years 5 months ago #240141 by Billis
Waiting times for PIP home assessment update:

In case it helps others: From receiving confirmation that I had being granted a home assessment I received a telephone call after 3 weeks with an appointment, including the actual assessment date it was a total of 5 weeks. (West Yorkshire)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

More
4 years 3 months ago #242313 by Billis

MR H wrote: Waiting times for PIP home assessment update:

In case it helps others: From receiving confirmation that I had being granted a home assessment I received a telephone call after 3 weeks with an appointment, including the actual assessment date it was a total of 5 weeks. (West Yorkshire)

Further update in case the information is useful to others: The assessor at my home assessment was excellent, we had prepared some extracts from various pieces of evidence however, he said he had read through my file and that there were 27 pages of evidence including the pieces we had prepared. The assessment went very smoothly as he was only confirming what he had already seen in my file. He made what was for me a very anxiety provoking situation into a very calm one. On leaving he said not to worry and I should receive a decision within 6 weeks. I received a DWP text within a day or so explaining they had received his report and that they had all the information they needed, confirming it can take up to 6 weeks for the decision. 6 weeks almost to the day the brown envelope arrived. The award for enhanced mobility would continue for an ongoing period and they would contact me again in 2029. Many thanks to all at, 'Benefits and Work' for the information and guidance. I hope this information helps others going through what is now becoming a very long process to get a decision. Best wishes

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.