× Members

New to this forum - DLA to PIP questions

More
4 years 5 months ago #240018 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic New to this forum - DLA to PIP questions

Luke wrote: Could I also use short term working memory as a ground to say I have difficulty with planning a journey as it could take me longer to do so without assistance?

Luke

You can but I would not rely on scoring for this, they will be looking for a cognitive impairment and whilst it may count as a cognitive dysfunction I think that they will be looking for some sort of documented learning difficulty so did you have problems at school?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #240042 by Luke
Replied by Luke on topic New to this forum - DLA to PIP questions
Hi Gordon,

I was statemented at school by the local authority they might still have the statement on record somewhere in my primary school years yes I did have issues I started out in a mainstream primary school but because I had problems mainly to do with attention and obsessive behavior I was transferred to a school for children with behavioral difficulties (EBD) until I was sent to a special school with children with ASD and then integrated into mainstream secondary school with TA support. The statement certainly said I had issues including attention issues and motor coordination issues from my performance in PE lessons and of course the eventual diagnosis of ASD to which I was referred to the Educational Psychologist. So I was a statemented child for school purposes and the document went into a lot of detail about the problems I had including bullying at school (common in children with ASD). We had a copy of the statement in the house but I think it has long been binned. Do you think I should try to seek a copy of the statement as evidence especially if I had to go to tribunal? It should still be on record somewhere should I try my local council education department?

Regards,

Luke

More
4 years 5 months ago #240048 by Gordon
Luke

Include this but you will need to show that you still have these problems, assessors often depreciate "old" limitations even though they might be lif long ones, so you always have to attach your evidence to your current limitations, don't assume that they will make the link.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 5 months ago #240056 by bigmovebabe
Replied by bigmovebabe on topic New to this forum - DLA to PIP questions
Complaint about assessors behaviour.

More
4 years 5 months ago #240070 by Gordon

sonya wrote: Complaint about assessors behaviour.

Are you making a comment or asking a question? If the latter then please start your own topic.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.