× Members

The computer was down

More
4 years 5 months ago #239855 by Beragon
The computer was down was created by Beragon
I had a strange experience at my PIP assessment at the Bristol Centre on Friday afternoon. When I got there the receptionist said the whole computer system was down and my assessment would be done on paper. It was the server, so the assessor explained and she took notes on her own Ipad.
As I waited outside later the receptionist was turning people away, saying all the assessors were off sick, I guess this was a lie as they did not want to do any more ' on paper'
When I asked the assessors ( called Sophia ) said she would complete the form on Monday. I don't think this was fair and said so and the assessment did not go at all well.
I think that when I can eventually see what she wrote it will be all wrong and I will have to fight it, so is it worth saying that now and asking for another assessment by saying it was impossible for her to make an accurate record and that I want a new assessment with a new person at a different centre.

Beragon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #239861 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic The computer was down
Hi Beragon

You should contact the DWP for a copy of the assessment report, and follow up the request in writing. Once you have the assessment report you will have a better understanding of how the DWP Decision Maker has come to their conclusions and will then be able to argue against them.

You have a very small window in which to contact the Decision Maker - so if you're going to do so - you should do so now. Don't waste time criticising the assessor - but refute, inaccuracies in the report and concentrate on the areas where you think you should have scored differently. This will not prevent you from putting in a Mandatory Reconsideration if you need to when the decision comes out.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 5 months ago #239865 by Beragon
Replied by Beragon on topic The computer was down
Gary,

I am so sorry to message back straight away but I have read and reread your reply, as has my flat mate and are confused.
So I have two choices it seems. Either I contact the DWP ( the PIP helpline? ) and ask for a copy of Sophias report. How long will this realistically take ? What is the form I need to ask for? I know it is easier if you know the reference numbers.

Or if I want to ask for a new assessment, how do I do that?

Beragon

More
4 years 5 months ago #239871 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic The computer was down
Hi Beragon

I don't think they will allow you just to request another assessment. The DWP will want you to resolve the issues with the one you had, even though it was an unhappy experience.

The assessor said that she would upload the assessment on Monday. I would give it until Wednesday and then ring the DWP - the number is on your letter and ask for a copy of your PIP assessment report. They will send it to and it should arrive between 6 - 10 days. (Some have had it sooner). When you get the report you can see what it says. There will be a small window in which if you are not happy you can write to the decision-maker before the final decision comes out, challenging anything you may disagree with. You could also say at this time you did not feel that you were given a sufficient amount of time for the assessment. I cannot say what will be the outcome if you want to go down that route.

If then you receive the decision and it is not one you are happy to - that's when you will have to consider a Mandatory Decision.

The issue is at the moment, you feel it was a bad assessment, but you don't know what the assessor has actually written.

You can also put in a complaint to the assessment services, but this takes time to process.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 5 months ago #239907 by Beragon
Replied by Beragon on topic The computer was down
Thank you Biss, I had no idea that I could get a copy of the report so quickly, in fact might have to wait months and appeal and only then get to see what this person said.
Just to clarify is it the PA4 form I need to ask for or something else?

Beragon

More
4 years 5 months ago #239921 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic The computer was down
Beragon

Yes, it is a PA4 you should ask it for but you can also just ask for the assessment report.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: Beragon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.